Monday, June 16, 2014

Not much done today but it took almost 2 hours

I carried my cane to the BMT clinic today because both hips were hurting from all the walking we had done at the airport in Denver on Friday and again on Sunday coupled with some walking around Nederland, CO. while on an extended drive in the mountains west of Boulder, CO.  We went to Colorado to help celebrate Judy's 60th birthday on Sunday.  Karen had come from Illinois, but Nancy had gone off to San Francisco with Mike for a convention of doctors who treat diabetic children.  I checked in to the clinic promptly at 10:00, but there were delays at every stage there after.  Laurie, my nurse for the day, emplaced the line in my port (lateral side), but did not draw any blood as is the usual practice on day 8 of each 4-week cycle. While she was at work I told her that I had requested a print out of the lab results of last week from Natalie (I don't know if this spelling is correct, but the program thinks it is spelled this way instead of with an "e" as I did last week), but both of us had forgotten by the time I left the clinic.  Laurie said she would give me a print out, which would be better because it would include the Myeloma markers, which would not have been on last Monday's report because it takes an extra day or more for them to be done.  But again we both forgot by the time I left the clinic at about 11:30.

Emma and I were both very tired all day today, which we attribute to the rather hectic activities over the weekend.  Justin had treated Judy-the birthday girl, Karen, and us and his sister and boyfriend to the Boulder Dinner Theater production of SHREK the Musical Saturday evening.  The show was very entertaining and I was amazed at all the local talent they found for the many active dance scenes, but the food was quite ordinary and service was so slow that Karen's table (Sola-Justin's sister-and boyfriend) and the table directly below us weren't served until just before the introductions to the show.  Then I entertained the five of us for Sunday Brunch at the Marriott, Renaissance hotel where we were staying.  That is, perhaps, the most elegant hotel that we have ever stayed in and the buffet was extremely good and not expensive.  Justin had invited a number of friends for a birthday dinner Sunday evening and Judy was quite worried that she wouldn't have time to take us back to the airport and get ready for the dinner, but we had been able to print our boarding passes on a dedicated computer and printer in the hotel lobby and it showed boarding at 6:40 PM for our return flight, which with a somewhat early drop-off gave her plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment