Monday, August 3, 2015

Blood pressure cosistently high for quite somtime. Need to monitor it myself for this week

I hate having to go to the BMT clinic early, as I did this morning, because the traffic is always slow and especially slow once I get onto the campus roads.  Today was no exception; I went in the pickup because Emma had an appointment at the Univ. of Utah Dermatology clinic in Murray and I couldn't predict when I would get home,  She wanted me to accompany her so I told the staff and they made an effort to get me out early enough to go with her.

A.new clerk in the registration offfice required me to produce my driver's license and insurance card and then didn't even look at them, which I mentioned and she pointed to a sign on her desk which says we must provide them each time we come.  I went out to the hallway waiting area and Errin, a nurse new to me, came to take me in for putting a line in my port and drwaing 2 vials of blood.  I asked if she is new and she said that she has been working in the back, but comes in on Mondays to help out. I then waited in the hallway for 25 minutes or so until Bethany took me in for weighing and then to an exam room for the rest of my vitals.  My blood pressure was 141/71, which is much higher than what it has been for years around 120/58-60.  She said she would mention this to Mary Stienbach, the PA I have been seeing on the first Monday of each cycle for quite sometime.  I also showed Bethany the my left arm that I damaged by falling on Thursday and hitting a chair as I fell and peeled a square inch or more of skin from my elbow.

Mary came in around 10:30 and looked at the damaged arm and said I could keep it open to aid in the healing and she said that the blood work looked good/.  She also said that I should measure my blood pressure at home once a day for this week and keep a record that she would look at next Monday. She said that the increased blood pressure may be showing some hyper tension, which can be treated if my pressure continues to be high.

I had told some of the nurses that my wife had an appointment with the Univ, of Utah Dermatology clinic and hoped that I would be home early enough to go to the appointment with her, so they cooperated and got me out just after 12:00.  Camille bandaged my damaged arm and gave me some non-sticking pad and paaper tape to take home.  Mary had said that it could be left open, which would speed healing and Camille said as much, but that I might want a bandage on at night to keep from getting blood on the bedding.

Emma had a light lunch for me when I got home and we easily made the appointment.  Emma had what she thought might be a recurrence of the bulbos pemphigooid that Dr. Hull had treated in 2010, but when he and the PA looked at her rash they bolth thought it more likely a result of insect bites. We could not explain how she could have the bites without me being effected and because we have the yard and house sprayed for insect 4 times a year and we no longer see bugs in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment