Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Short session at clinc yesterday, but maddening session with woud be scammer kept me from Posting

School started at the U. of U. yesterday and I stopped at nearly every light after leaving I-215 and for lots of pedestrians once I got on the campus.  The attendant at the  entry booth to the garage gave me a very new parking tag, which was so stiff it fell between the seats when I tried to hang it on the rear view mirrow and I spent about 10 minutes trying to get it out, which made me 6 or 7 mintes late for the 10:00 AM appointment.  I was registerd by Olivia a pretty young lady that Nancy had asked if I had seen in the clinic becsuse she had had Olivia in the second grade a number of years ago.  I had seen Olivia walk in front of my chair a week or two ago and had stopped her to ask her name and told her about Nancy's interest.  She was very cmplimentary about Nancy and I made enough of an impression on her that she knew my name as soon as I sat down and she didn't require me to produce my driver's license or insurance card as the other new registrar has done each time.  I waited in the hallway for Craig to come take me in for weighing and then to chair # 1 in the Infusion Room where he took my blood pressure to be 153/81, the highest I have ever seen.

I mentioned the high blood pressure to Charlotte, my nurse again, she was unconcerned, but I was, so I took it again after dinner last night and it was 129/77.  So I conclucded that the high pressure at the clinic was due to the traffic and the frantic search for the parking pass.  Charlotte was ready to put a line in my port and order the Velcade until I told her that because I had brought in a 24-hour urine collection she should draw some blood to go with it.  She had to confirm this with some of the other nurses so she is still learning.  But she did as instructed and drew the blood and sent it of to the lab and after delivering the collection to the lab she gave me the infusion, removed the line, and told me I could leave.  It was about 11:40 then and I got home just a little after noon.

A little after I finished my lunch I answered an 801 call from an unknown name and found myself talking to a man who was going to refund $ 199 I had paid to some company to work on my computer, which work had been uncuccessful so they now wanted to refund my money; he had our street address and said he had the last 4 digits of the credit card number that I had used to pay the charge (I din't bother to check whether those numbers actually are on the card), I told him that the refunding is fine just put it on the card.  Then he said he can't do that-I will have to fill out a form that I can download from a site that he told me how to reach.  I tried to reach the site and then realized that he was intending to scam me just as 2 other groups or individuals had tried over the last 3 weeks.  I told him that I won't open the file and I won't send them any form that comes from him unless he can send it to my email and I told him my email address and hungup.  He called back somtime later and told me that my computer will crash if I don't do what he said.  Somewhat later I got another call from a voice that I didn't recognize saying he was calling from Vivint and we had had an alarm on our interior motion detector and gave me a number to call.  The number turned out to be Vivint's number, but there had not been any alarms from our home.  This led to me explaining what had occured prior to this call and me telling the story to other offices in Vivint.  After which I called PC Laptops, seller of my computer to ask about it being crashable and was told it was possible and I should being it in for them to check it out, which I may do.  I think my computer may have been hacked; otherwise I don't know how they got the amount of the money I paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment