Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Necessary early trip to Huntsman today will seem like a start of a new cycle

Yewsterday was the second Monday of my 2-week off period, but I have to go to the Pharmacy at the Huntsman Cancer Institute todsy to pick up a prescription for a medication that I am now totally out of and could not get it filled at the nearby Walgreens because the prescription expired yesterday and Utah state law did not allow them to get it transferred from the Huntsman pharmacy without calling the Huntsman for information that could only be obtained by a call and the Huntsman pharmacy was closed.  I got my prescription filled by callng the closed Huntsman pharmacy and in response to a computer generated voice entering the number of the prescription and with other info it could be confirmed and filled to be picked up today afer noon.

We have celebrated our 65th wedding anniversary twice in the last eight days; first on September one the actual date with Roger for margaritas and with Daniel joining us after his class, and again yesterday here in our home with all the family including Laura's boy friend who turned out to be a very nice young man by name of Steve (I know the last name but not how to spell it).  Nancy had asked a couple of weeks ago how we planned to celebrate and I suggested that we do it here, either on the actual date or perhaps on the previous Sunday as we commonly do for family gatherings and I would provide the bacon-wrapped fillets, which everybody seems to like.  Nancy countered a day-or so later with doing it on Wednesday (the day after the actual date) because that is Mike's easiest clinic day and further that they would provide all the food except the beef because she doesn't want her Mother to have much to do.  I was agreeable, but before the date could be circulated by e-mail to her family, she proposed doing it on Labor Day and making it a joint celebration of Mike's birthday and our anniversary as it turned out yesterday.  I was the only one who had much to do, grilling the steaks. Dan arrived early and was immediately put to work helping to extend the dining room table to its full length of 114 inches,. and participaing in an early "happy hour", inasmuich as liquor is frowned on by many of the Swinyard clan.  Laura and Steve stayed to help fold up the table a major task, but made much easier as it now sits on a new oak floor.

The new oak floor, which was installed right after we returned from our trip to Durango, and is responsible for my present weakened condition, was made  necessary becsuse I broke one of its gate legs trying to extend it to the full length for one Emma's bridge lunchs.  The table had been sitting on carpet for quite a few years without being extended and sunk into the carpet so far I couldn't move the gate leg..  We then folded it up and slid it across the carpet to near the west side of Living room and called a flooring contractor that we had used to refinish the Family room floor in April of 2003 to come give us a bid on ripping up the carpet and putting down an oak floor.  I new I could repair the gate leg, but not before we got rid of the carpet.  I then damaged my right arm on August 11 by sanding the bottom of all 8 chairs' legs in order to put feltpads on them to protect the new floor.  I used an orbital sander at shoulder height and had a pain in my triceps by the time it was done.  I further aggravated the damage that Sunday with a very sharp pain in my biceps.  I wasn't able to find an orthopedic surgeon until August 26 and have since begun therapy sessions and exercise here at home and think it is getting much better, but I used Emma's car today instead of the pickup.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! You are doing well, and I'm happy to hear that. I thought that you were packing up to downsize? Aren't we all. Take care......Peggy

    ReplyDelete