Monday, September 14, 2015

Meeting with Dr. Atanockovic today on Day One of Cycle 30

My appointment today at the BMT clinic was at 12:15 to have a line placed in my port and to have blood drawn, which was done more or less promptly and then I was sent to the hallway waiting area for Bethany to take me in for weighing and height measurement; I remain at 5ft. 10 inches and have for years.  Emma accompanied me, which she usually does on those days that I am to see the doctor-once every six months or on days when I feel somewhat unsteady behind the wheel.  The wait for Bethany was overlong and I learned when I told her about being sick all day last Theursday she said it is a one-day flu-like ailment that is going around and all her family with the exception of herself have had it. She took both of ustoan Exan Room where she reviewd my medications and general health.  She told us that Dr. Atanackovic is going to contiue me on the same medications and the same visitation schedule and  told us thaat Mary Steibach would be in to talk to me.  Mary soon came in and brought the test results from the past week, but did not give them to me, [preferring to have the doctor do so], which he showed me when he came in and said that all the results show continuity from visit to visit and that I am doing very well.  He sees no need to change anything and he will see me again in six months.  He told me to wait for Mary to come back and when she did she brought copies of all the recent tests, but no schedule for future visits.  I didn't know that there was no schedule untl I went through the packet after getting home.

I had told the Heiden Davidson Orthopedic clinic that I did not want any therapy sessions scheduled until after I had seen Dr. Atanackovic.  Dr. Heiden had prescribed therapy sessions twice a week for six weeks and said that he wanted to see me again in a month.  I have only had three sessions because of the therapist being uiavailable a time or two, but have done a series of exercises that the therapist gave me for here at home and I see mprovement in my range of motion and strength in my right arm.  I intended to call them this afternoon about my new schedule, but inasmuch as I don't have anything in hand  I put oit off.  Perhaps I can call the BMT clinic in the morning to confirm that there are no changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment