Monday, October 26, 2015

Eight hours today,the fist Monday of Cycle 31, and horrible traffic on the way home

I had an appointment at 10:00 AM today at the BMT clinic and got there several minutes early because the traffic was light and I didn't have to stop at any stoplights until I got within a quarter mile of the parking garage.  I registered, but the waited more a half hour to be taken in for weighing and vitals.  My blood pressure was a reasonable 130/70 getting close to the usual results of 120/60 that I had for years until sometime early this year.  Craig took me into the Infusion Room and seated me in chair 5 where Nannette, a nurse new to me. placed a line in my port and drew 2 vials of blood and then a long wait ensued.  I new that I was scheduled for an Aredia infusion and brought the 3 latest issues of Smithsonian magazine because I expected the infusion to last 4 hours and it did and I would have been home in mid afternoon if it had been started right after the blood had been drawn.  It was not started until after 12:30.

I was supposed  to have a visit with a PA and Mary Steinbach did come in trailed by a man whose name escaped me.  Mary then left and then male PA checked my breathing, heart, etc. and left saying Mary would come back, which she did not do, but before she left I told her about wanting a schedule prepared as a calendar and she said she would remind Pamela about this schedule.  When Pamela came in shortly thereafter she told me that the clinic had become so busy they decided that they needed 4 patient coordinators instead of the 2 coordinators they had been using and I would soon be having a different coordinator.  She returned later with the calendar schedule for me and with the new coordinator, Laura Spruit a nice looking young lady.  I studied the new schedule and found that it did not have an Aredia infusion scheduled in 3 months time as has been the usual schedule so I called her back to learn if this was a change dictated by Dr. Atanakovic and found that it just was an oversight on her part and I should be scheduled for another in 3 months, but it doesn't show in the copy I have.

When I do come for another infusion I am going to insist that it be started no later than 11:00 because the traffic going home was the worst I have ever seen; it took more than an hour to get home.  I waited for many changes at every traffic light until I got south of 1700 south on Foothill Blvd and never shifted from first to second gear until I got beyond the intersection of Foothill and Sunnyside and then only for a few yards.  I was in the pickup and my left leg was very tired from using the clutch so much.  My left leg is longer by one centimeter than my right leg and I now need a cane to walk wherever I go.  I go to the Heiden Davidson orthopedic clinic for therapy on Thursday and I am going to learn whether they can write a prescription for orthopedic adjustment of my boots-or shoes.
A boot maker told me last week that with a prescription he can modify my boot.

1 comment:

  1. Ron we have lots of canes at good prices at www.abilitygearforless.com. I'm the owner and will be sure you're well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete