Monday, November 23, 2015

First Monday of "holiday" but I went for therapy at Heiden Orrthopedics I saw Dr. Winegar on the tenth and he prescribed more therapy

X-rays were taken of both hips and he said the hips appear normal and no surgery is indicated..  There is some arthritis, which should be alleviated by continued therapy.  He prescribed another 6 weeks of therapy twice a week, but the therapists have only scheduled  one a week.  They seem to like Mondays and I told them that would be OK until December 7 when I go back to the BMT clinic.

I had not heard from the BMT clinic about the tests that they ran on me last Monday so I called on Wednesday and learned that they will send prescription to a drug store of my choosing an I told them to send it to the near by Walgreens  I picked it up later that day and found that it is to treat a specific bacteria in my intestines and I am to take 3 a day for 14 days and take no alcohol during that time and for 3 days after.  Emma misses me not joining her for a glass of wine while we watch the early news.

It is too soon to tell whether the pills are doing me any good.  The instructions with the pills said to complete the 14-day period even if I get to feeling good sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment