Monday, December 21, 2015

+Day fifteen of latest Multiple Myeloma maintenance cycle included a visit by a therapist and visit to our primary care physician

No visits to the BMT clinic since December 7 because the 'brain trust' that is managing my life told me that day that they wanted to phase me away from the Methyl prednisolone that I have been taking for four years or longer and that may be responsible in some part to the falls that I have been having.  I have been taking 8mg tablets of prednisolone every other day and now I have been prescribed enough 4mg tablets to support a schedule of 6mg for 2 weeks followed by 2 weeks of 4mg and then 2 weeks of 2mg after which I may be free of the deleterious effects of the medication and they will resume the Velcade infusions.  There have been other doctor appointments in the interim and today Emma and I both had appointments with Dr. Kuo our primary fare physician.

Several of the doctors, therapists, and/or nurses that I have seen in the last 2 weeks have asked if I had seen my primary care physician so I finally called and made the appointment for today.  He told us that he had just read an account of my visit to the Intermountain ER, but otherwise knew nothing about these events.  He gave me a rather thorough examination and said I am too week to change any of exercises and restrictions imposed on me during this period. 

I am to visit the BMT clinic tomorrow for blood tests and for an appointment with Dr, Atanackovic my oncologist, which has been speeded up from the February appointment at the request of the 'brain trust'.

No comments:

Post a Comment